BBC Music Awards Announce Nominations For The Most Coveted Category
The prestigious Awards ceremony by BBC Music is going to be held in the second week of December 2016 in the great city of London. The wait is long and the management has increased the excitement by announcing its first shortlisted candidates in the category of "British Artist of the year" just ahead of 7-day time to the awards ceremony.
The five artists that are privileged to get nominations for the gong include Calvin Harris, David Bowie, Adele, Jess Glynne and Coldplay. The excitement for the winner in the most coveted category will continue to thrill the fans of the aforementioned artists until it's disclosed in the gleaming evening of the BBC Music Awards for the year. The program will be hosted by Claudia Winkleman while Gemma Cairney and Fearne Cotton will also be co-hosting the event.
In addition, the singer Izzy Bizu is expected to join the astral program and is the winner of "Introducing Artist of the year" at the BBC Music. She was also shortlisted for "Sound of 2016" at the awards earlier this year.
Scheduled to be lighting the venue of ExCeL in London on December 12, the Awards function will be live broadcasted on BBC ONE. Moreover, the evening will be mesmerized by the amazing performances of various artists like Kaiser Chiefs, Zara Larsson, Emeli Sande and Robbie Williams.
In addition, Craig David, John Legend, the 1975 and Lukas Graham are also slated to hit the stage which is likely to be watched live by thousands of audience at the venue while countless viewers across the country will watch it on their television screen through BBC ONE. Furthermore, the audience in the United States will also be able to watch its premier on BBC America on Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
The star-studded evening will be featuring five different awards to celebrate a fantastic year of music as well as honor the deserving artists for their hard work to shine the same.
The five categories of the BBC Music Awards include:
• BBC Music British Artist of the Year
• Song of the Year
• BBC Music Introducing Artist of the Year
• BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Performance of the Year (newly introduced award for 2016)
• BBC Radio 2 Album of the Year (newly introduced award for 2016)
The nominees for BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Performance of the Year include:
• Christine and the Queens for their performance on Sorry (Beyoncé cover) on September 13, 2016
• Craig David for his performance on “Love Yourself” (Justin Bieber cover) on January 7, 2016
• Emeli Sandé for her performance on “Hurts” on September, 16, 2016
• The 1975 Live Lounge Symphony for their performance on “What Makes You Beautiful” (One Direction cover) on September 30, 2016
• Usher for his performance on “Climax” on September 2, 2016
The BBC radio- 2 nominations for Album of the Year are:
• Adele for “25”
• Coldplay for “A Head Full of Dreams”
• Jeff Lynne’s ELO for “Alone in the Universe
• Michael Kiwanuka for “Love & Hate”
• Rick Astley for “50”
On the other hand the management has also announced to reveal nominations in the category of the Song of the Year in a day or so.