Top 10 Things to Look for When Hiring a Band
Whether you are a club owner or just a regular guy looking to hire a band for your party or wedding, there are some important things to look for in the group you plan to hire. A representative from MigrateMusicNews met the team of EarCandyLive.co.uk and we compiled a list of things to keep in mind when selecting your future entertainment and booking a great entertainment agency:
10. Professional attitude. This is essential. There is nothing worse than hiring a group of people who will be intoxicated, belligerent or rude in front of family and friends for your next get-together
9. Experience. While some young musicians can be quite accomplished, generally the best bands will have seasoned players with at least 10 years of professional experience. You definitely don’t want a high school garage band performing at your wedding.
8. Wide repertoire. It is important if the band is playing to a mixed crowd, that they have a list of songs that will appeal to both young and old.
7. Check the bands material. Be sure to listen to recordings or video clips of the band online. This will give you an idea of the style of music they play and whether or not they drop the F-bomb in every song.
6. Volume. Make it clear to the band the volume level that is suitable for your event. Not every band will be okay with playing quieter, so be upfront about it before you hire them.
5. Image and dress of the band. This is a matter of personal taste, but you probably don’t want a band clad in hot pink spandex, or in black nail polish and trench coats for that matter. A band with a blue collar appearance is usually best.
4. Cool front man. A band with a charismatic lead singer will help get the crowd involved in the music and make everyone have a good time. Just make sure he doesn’t steal your wife or girlfriend after the show.
3. Reputation. Check with other people who have hired the band before. Make sure they always put on a good show and never left anyone hanging.
2. Get their rates before hiring. Nothing will sour an evening like having to argue with the band over payment for the show. Be clear on what their rate is for the gig, and be sure to pay them properly. On your end, make sure they played for the full amount of time.
1. Audience response. The most important thing about music is if the people who are listening are having a great time. It’s not important if the band plays perfectly and the guitarist hits every solo. What matters is if your friends or customers enjoyed the entertainment and the joy the music brings to event.
So, contact EarCandy today to start putting together the perfect live entertainment under the guidance of your appointed coordinator! With the combination of our years of experience, our uniquely customizable music experience, and amazingly experienced and talented staff you’ll be able to pull together an amazing event with the perfect band in no time. If you would like to find out more information please visit their website, logon to their EarCandy London page or see their live bands in action at their EarCandy YoutTube channel.